- Management Role
- Become a Shareholder Within the Business
- Growing Engineering Consultancy
- Brisbane Based Role
- Mining / Minerals Processing Projects
- Key Strategic Growth Role
Our client is a medium sized engineering and management consultancy, who specialise in delivering infrastructure and management solutions throughout the globe. They provide heavy industrial and mining plant / structures, piping equipment, numerical analysis, preliminary engineering from conception to completion. The business is experiencing a strong growth phase and looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer to fulfil the role of a "Strategic Project Manager" within the business and assist with driving this growth forwards. This key management role reports directly to the QLD business unit manager and is responsible for the commercial delivery of a defined section of the business.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include complete project management through a project's entire life cycle, client identification and marketing, tender or proposal completion and submission, client negotiation and contract reviews, ensuring projects are sufficiently and correctly resourced, control of drawing designs, project management and project costs, client management and reporting.
To be successful within the role you will have demonstrated the ability to lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers within the structural, mechanical and piping disciplines, strong business acumen client focus and the ability to deliver high value customer service, proven experience in mentoring, leading and developing a well-established engineering team, capacity to prioritise and delegate accordingly, a proven track record of successfully delivering significant projects within the mining industry. Your expertise within the industry will see you demonstrate an ability to plan and manage project budgets and control project profitability, confidence in building rapport with clients and maintaining these relationships, ability to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternative solutions, experience in client and stakeholder management and a demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively.
This opportunity presents the right candidate an opportunity to become a shareholder within the business, reap great financial reward with an 8% bonus scheme structure and work within a great team culture and flexible environment.
- Formal Qualifications in Engineering preferably Mechanical Engineer (RPEQ)
- 15+ years of experience in engineering of various aspects in the mining industry
- Relevant project exposure and project management experience in the mining and mineral processing industry
- Significant experience in design and detailing of major mechanical and piping engineering and mining projects
- Previous experience working in a similar team management role within a consulting or EPCM environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to maintain successful business relationships
- Capacity to drive growth forward within the business