Transmission Line Design Engineer
- Lead Role,
- Stimulating Utilities Projects,
- International Opportunities,
- Global Consultancy,
- Competitive Remuneration
- Exciting Infrastructure Projects
Our client is a well established reputable multi-disciplinary design firm who specialise in providing services on major infrastructure projects across Energy and Renewable, Transport, Water, Natural Resources and Environment, Geotechnical, Mining and Tunnelling Services and Urban Development.
They are currently seeking a highly experienced Transmission Design Engineer to join their Industrial and Power group. This key role will see working on transmission line design and construction methodologies and philosophies, including equipment selection and specification to AS7000. Your expertise will enable you to provide technical leadership and guidance to other staff on transmission line engineering issues while also monitoring and supporting the quality of work from the design team to ensure it is of a high standard.
Successful applicants will have:
- Formal Qualifications in Engineering (CPEng / RPEQ preferable)
- 10+ years of experience in detailed design of distribution and transmission lines
- Experience in a similar role with a design consultancy
- Excellent technical expertise across a broad range of transmission design projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Knowledge of PLS-CADD, PLS-TOWER and PLS-POLE
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Relevant project exposure both interstate and / or international
- Outstanding communication and ability to prepare fluent technical reports
- Competency to contribute to proposals
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise and mentor a line design team
- Exceptional commercial business acumen and problem solving skills
- Experience working with power utilities in the Australian market
This role presents the right candidate with an opportunity to take on a lead role within the transmission and distribution part of the business, working in a stimulating and challenging environment whilst earning rewarding remuneration.