Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
- Brisbane Based
- Coal Mine
- Key Lead Role
- Growing EPCM
- Materials Handling
Our client is a global EPCM who specialise in providing services to the Buildings and Infrastructure Industries, Mining and Metals, Power, Energy, Water and Environment. Due to strategic planned growth the mining and metals division are seeking the skills of a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive minerals processing and materials handling experience.
The newly created role will see you reporting to the Engineering Manager working on a variety of coal mining / materials handling projects in the mining and metals team. You will be required to provide mentoring and leadership capacity to other members of the team while also providing technical design support on the teams projects. The position will see your form an integral part of a large team of professionals dedicated to ensuring world class engineering and project delivery excellence across a number of projects.
To be considered for this role you will have:
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to be involved in with an expanding and reputable EPCM while gaining project exposure working along side some of the best in the industry on some of Australia's most exciting resources projects.
- Formal Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (RPEQ desirable)
- At least 8+ years of industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of the mining / minerals processing industry
- Demonstrated ability in a similar senior / lead engineering role
- Capacity to delegate, lead and mentor a mechanical team
- Excellent design experience in coal mining materials handling projects
- Ability to supervise technical specifications and document review
- Experience in leading significant projects, and managing design and drafting teams
- Outstanding communication and people management skills